Welcome to my new SMART Surgery Technique Blog. SMART, which stands for the Samadi Modified Advanced Robotic Technique, is a signature technique that I created to treat urologic diseases such as kidney cancer, bladder cancer, and prostate cancer. It is a traditional open anatomic surgical technique based on the robotic platform that I use in my practice at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, as the Chief of Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery. My advanced SMART Surgery Technique allows me to give my patients a 95% cure rate while achieving continence rates of 97% and potency rates of 81% within one year. I’m a board certified urologist and oncologist, who specializes in robotic surgery. I have successfully performed over 3,300 robotic-assisted prostatectomies in my practice, more than half with this technique. Positive surgical outcomes with robotic prostatectomies are a result of my modifications to the robotic platform with this technique, which is done via nerve sparing techniques. Because of this, I can accomplish the“treatment trifecta” of cure, continence and sexual function that aids my patients with their quality of life. With this blog, I hope to share helpful information not only on the SMART Surgery […]
- Preventing Prostate Cancer with the Basics – Vitamin E Not the Answer
- Prostate Cancer: Don’t Eat That
- Contradictory Findings and Using Caution When Researching Prostate Cancer Treatment Options
- Robotic Prostatectomy Surgery and Robotic Radiosurgery – What’s the Difference?
- Calling All Women: Prostate Cancer Awareness Month